Wednesday, December 5, 2007

1st cycle (two sessions)... Done!

Time flies so fast. It would be my 3rd session on Dec 7! Oopsss, December 8 pala. I moved the chemo session since I want to attend our company Christmas party on December 8, lunchtime. Good thing that my doctor allowed me to extend as long as I am in the hospital around 5 PM on Saturday…With the Christmas traffic, goodluck to me! Might as well eat and run?! hehehe

Since officially it would be my 2nd cycle (as mentioned that I need 12 sessions to complete the 6 cycles) I would be undergoing a series of blood tests and cancer markers…Hope my platelets will be normal so as to push with the session…

Pardon if I haven’t post since my last session, been busy with work lately and then our internet connection seems to walkout with Trillanes and company :)

Last session went out well. Aside from the fact, that my IV line went kaput again so it needs to be reinserted. It’s my first time to cry - with pain, self-pity, all-in one. Since it took the resident doctors 7 tries before they can find a decent nerve to put the IV…Imagine, they must have thought that I am a human pin cushion…Good thing that the dark marks are almost gone or somebody must thought that I might have been beaten or something…

I am wondering if I will experience this every session…Been searching the net for ways to have a clear and strong nerves so as it will not bulge, but to no avail... One suggestion is to exercise, any other than that? :)

Anyweiz the last session cost higher than the first one. Since there has been a delay in my session (remember the 7 IV attempts?) we are charged 3 days in the hospital. Then PhilHealth changed their rules so they deduct a smaller amount than previous session :( They even ask me to leave my ID huhuhu…I will get it on my next visit!

Well it’s good thing that help keeps on coming our way. Our Ninong/Ninang from Belgium sent some money that would almost cover my medication for one session :)

One rainy night I was surprised to find a courier delivering the money sent from my very good friend Eva from Canada…

Then you guys, despite of your own difficulties, continue to deposit your hard-earned money to our account.

So I am continously praising God since He trully works thru you my dear friends! We can't thank you enough for all those financial support and your PRAYERS!

Anyweiz as promised I will post the total money that all of you guys send us and our total expenditures for November.

Nov 30, 2007
Total amount Received = PHP 104,972.75

1st session total = 48,000
2nd session total = 50,000

Total Spent = 98,000

My doctor waived her professional fee, as always!

I have to pay 24,000 last November for partial payment of the previous loan I got to cover the 1st session. So :

Remaining Pledge= 80,972.75
Remaining Loan = 74,000 (98,000 spent – 24,000 paid)

This is as of November 30.

You might be surprised why I didn’t pay the entire loan. I am reserving it for emergency like this December 8 session. We are not fortunate to get a loan that will cover the session so I might use some of the pledges. In any way, I will keep on updating you guys!

1 comment:

Monsieur Jj said...

Hi Tere,

You will always have my prayers, I have no elder sister so parang ate talaga kita here sa office, kayang kaya mo yan ikaw pa, you are an inspiration to all you showed true strength despite of all your hardships you are still able to pull off funds and work hard here sa office, with your story and challenge in life i believe that if you really want something with enough desire nothing is impossible. always take care and God bless.

Jj